Looking for an internship? Like international events? Want to give back to our community?
We need interns!
Your responsibilities may include:
- Assist with various aspects of operations, including Development, Public Relations & Communications, Membership Services & Programs, and Fundraising.
- Support U.S. Department of State’s International Leader Visitors Program by accompanying visiting delegations to meetings throughout the area.
- Organize, promote, and attend Global Ties Akron special programming and educational events.
INTERNSHIP QUALIFICATIONS AND BENEFITS
- Strong interest in and knowledge of International Relations.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft Office.
- A team player who brings enthusiasm and an open mind.
Interns are given extensive exposure to the workings of a non-profit, access to a large network of global and local business, government, and academic leaders, and the chance to contribute to US international relations by engaging in citizen diplomacy. The internship is unpaid but academic credit can be arranged.