- The is the university’s bus service that goes around campus and to local shopping centers. Check online for schedule and routes.
Metro Regional Transit Authority (Akron Metro) 330-762-0341
- METRO RTA is the public transportation provider for Summit County, Ohio. METRO transports more than six million passengers annually to work, to school, to medical appointments and to some of the best places in town. The buses do not run on as many routes on the weekends and at nights sometime. The Metro also has a summer schedule. The main routes run about every twenty minutes. The best thing to do is to check the website for maps and route schedules. Another good thing to consider are the passes with these fares: daily at $2.50 and weekly $15.00 as well as a monthly pass for $50. However, if you are a student at the University of Akron general fare is “free” and there are discounts on the routes to and from.
- Located at the Akron Metro Downtown Transit Center
City Yellow Cab – (330)253-3141
Uber – a car service that connects you to a driver, usually cheaper than a taxi. A smartphone app is available.
Akron-Canton Regional Airport Ground Transportation – when you need a ride to and from the airport
Leasing a Vehicle
You may choose to lease a car while you’re here if you want to have the freedom to come and go but don’t plan to drive very far.
Car Lease Inc. – 650 Home Ave. Akron, OH 44310 800-883-2634
Estimated cost: $575/month. This will include 1250 miles per month- over this there will be a charge of 20cents/mile They generally have around 5 cars available.
Renting a Vehicle
(rates below are approximate, contact rental agencies for most current prices)
Enterprise – 950 E. Market St. (330) 434-2600
- Drivers must be at least 21 years old.
- Insurance Protection rates- (show your University ID)
- Check on line or call for all rates, availabilities.
- Need University ID
Hertz – 1545 Brittain Rd. (330)630-3356
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Need international driver’s license.
- Need passport or major credit card in your name- not debit or prepaid card
- Show University ID for a possible discount
- Check online or call for all rates, availabilities.