The University of Akron is one of Ohio’s leading research universities and is home to thousands of undergraduate and professional students. It was established in 1867 as Buchtel College and has expanded into the institution it is today.
Your University ID card, identifies you on-campus and allows you to do the following:
- Check out circulation materials at the Bierce and Law libraries
- Gain access to the Recreation and Wellness Center and the Ocasek Natatorium
- Present your Zip Card for free admission to athletic events including basketball and football games
- Use as a “key card” if authorized for selected buildings on campus
- Free Public Metro Bus transportation. Check at this website for more information: http://www.uakron.edu/parking/metrozip/index.dot
The Zip Card is also a debit card simply add money to your All Campus Account and:
- Purchase food at Robertson Café, Ohio Burger, Einstein’s Bagels, Starbucks, Zee’s Natural, The Newsstand/General Store, Trackside Grille, and The Union Market
- Purchase convenience items as well as snacks and ready to go foods at the Convenience Stores: Zee’s and Rob’s Express and The Candy Shop
- Purchase books and supplies at the campus bookstores
- Use it in selected vending machines on campus
Students may get an identification card at any one of the Zip Card Offices, including the Student Union Card Office (Room 106) located on the first floor. You should bring with you:
- Picture identification. (Valid State Identification, Valid Drivers License) or Birth Certificate or Social Security Card or a copy of your current class schedule.
- Provide your Student ID number
- No hats may be worn for photos.