Would You like a taste of the world in your kitchen?
Here are some authentic international food recipes.
Mostaccioli Mosta (Italian)
· 1 pound lean ground beef
· 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
· 1 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
· 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
· 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
· 1 (16 ounce) package mostaccioli pasta
· 2 teaspoons butter, softened
· 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
In large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until done. Drain. Add tomato sauce, olives, Parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and oregano. Simmer 15 minutes.
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until done. Drain.
1. Place mostaccioli in a shallow, 3 quart baking dish. Toss with butter or margarine. Pour meat sauce over, and top with shredded mozzarella.
Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese melts.
· 2 tablespoons ketchup
· 1 tablespoon soy sauce
· 2 teaspoons cornstarch
· 1 teaspoon honey
· 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
· 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
· 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
· 1/4 cup sliced green onions
· 4 cloves garlic, minced
· 12 ounces cooked shrimp, tails removed
In a bowl, stir together water, ketchup, soy sauce, cornstarch, honey, crushed red pepper, and ground ginger. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in green onions and garlic; cook 30 seconds. Stir in shrimp, and toss to coat with oil. Stir in sauce. Cook and stir until sauce is bubbly and thickened.
· 1 lemon, juiced
· 1/4 cup olive oil
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
· 3/4 teaspoon paprika
· 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
· 1 large onion, chopped1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
· 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
· 1 1/2 cups orange juice
Place chicken pieces in a bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice, cover, and marinate at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Mix the salt, pepper, and paprika in a small bowl, and sprinkle over the chicken. Place chicken in the skillet and quickly brown on all sides. Transfer chicken to a baking dish. Distribute olives, onion, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper evenly in the baking dish. Pour orange juice over all.
Cover with aluminum foil, and bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until chicken juices run clear.
· 1 medium eggplant, cubed
· 1 green bell pepper, chopped
· 1 red bell pepper, chopped
· 2 carrots, chopped
· 1 onion, chopped
· 6 tablespoons olive oil
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
· 1 tablespoon curry powder
· 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 3/4 tablespoon sea salt3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
· 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
· 1/4 cup blanched almonds
· 1 zucchini, sliced
· 2 tablespoons raisins
· 1 cup orange juice
· 10 ounces spinach
In a large Dutch oven place sweet potato, eggplant, peppers, carrots, onion, and three tablespoons oil. Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
In a medium saucepan place 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, turmeric, curry powder, cinnamon, salt and pepper and saute over medium heat for 3 minutes.
1. Pour garlic and spice mixture into the Dutch oven with vegetables in it. Add the garbanzo beans, almonds, zucchini, raisins, and orange juice. Simmer 20 minutes, covered.
Add spinach to pot and cook for 5 more minutes. Serve!
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 pound ground beef
· 1 onion, chopped
· 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
· 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
· salt and pepper to taste
· 1/4 cup butter
· 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
· 2 cups milk1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
· 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
· 2 tablespoons butter, diced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place potato slices in a medium bowl with enough water to cover.
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in ground beef, onion, tomato sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until beef is evenly browned and onions are tender.
1. In a separate medium saucepan over medium heat, melt 1/4 cup butter, and thoroughly blend in flour. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir 5 minutes, or until thickened. Reduce heat, and blend Cheddar cheese into the mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Line a medium baking dish with 1/2 the potato slices. Pour in the ground beef mixture, and top with mushrooms. Cover with the cheese sauce mixture. Top with remaining potatoes. Dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
Bake 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned.